Proper installation of the Vayyar Care is critical to the device working accurately. When installing Vayyar Care, please follow these guidelines (you will also be reminded of them within the app):
- The device must be installed on the wall, within four feet of a power outlet.
- It must be positioned exactly 5 feet (1.5 meters) from the floor to the center of the device, in a location as close to the center of the room as possible. A tape measure is included to assist with accuracy.
- Choose a location with a clear view of all parts of the room, not obstructed by objects like shelves or doors.
- The device cannot be installed within 1½ feet (0.5 meters) of metal objects such as towel bars, cabinets, or TVs.
- Do not install the Vayyar Care directly in the line of sight of a mirror.
In addition to the above guidelines, in order to install the Vayyar Care you will need:
- A smartphone (Android or iPhone) with the Vayyar Care app downloaded from either Google Play or the App Store.
- A 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection in the room - 5 GHz networks are not supported at this time.